PTGui started as a windows GUI (front end) for Panorama Tools
, Software to View, Create, Edit and Remap Panoramic Images.
Panorama Tools is the most versatile package for panoramic image manipulation.
It uses high quality image transformations.
It can handle every imaginable lens type, can output to many formats and projections,
including 360-degree spherical and rectilinear ('flat') formats. It can even correct
lens distortion, use multiple rows of images and stitch tilted images.
Although its features are numerous, Panorama Tools can be difficult to use and
that's why PTGui was written. PTGui is a (Windows and Mac) front end for the great Panorama
Tools package, for creating panoramic pictures. PTGui provides an easy to use
point-and-click interface and hides all Panorama Tools' scripting commands from the user.
If you want to stitch panoramic images, Panorama Tools is the best photo stitching software there is.
Features of PTGui:
- Create spherical, cylindrical or flat panoramas from any number of source images
- Supports jpeg, tiff, png and bmp source images
- WYSIWYG Panorama editor for interactive editing and realtime preview
- Panorama Tools
- Supports many panoramic projections
- Create templates with frequently used settings
- Includes spherical panorama viewer and web publishing tool
PTGui originally started as a G
nterface for Panorama Tools (hence the name). Over the years it has evolved into the most versatile stitching software. It easily gives you high quality stitched panoramas from overlapping images or photographs.
Stitched using PTGui: