Use the PTGui QTVR software to create QTVR panoramas on Mac OS X and Windows.
Panoramas in Apple's QTVR format can be displayed in a webbrowser.
You can create a spherical panorama with PTGui
and convert it to Quicktime VR format using our QTVR software
. On the Panorama Settings
page in PTGui select equirectangular, 360 x 180 degree, JPEG.
Then launch the QTVR converter tool to convert the panorama to a QuickTime .mov file.
PTGui originally started as a front end for Panorama Tools, the powerful panoramic imaging software written by dr. Helmut Dersch.
Over the years PTGui has evolved into a full featured stitching software.
PTGui can correct lens distortion, use multiple rows of images and stitch tilted images.
A free trial version is available from this website.
Features of PTGui:
- Create spherical, cylindrical or flat panoramas from any number of source images
- Supports jpeg, tiff, png and bmp source images
- WYSIWYG Panorama editor for interactive editing and realtime preview
- QTVR Software
- Supports many panoramic projections
- Create templates with frequently used settings
- Includes spherical panorama viewer and web publishing tool
PTGui originally started as a G
nterface for Panorama Tools (hence the name). Over the years it has evolved into the most versatile stitching software. It easily gives you high quality stitched panoramas from overlapping images or photographs.
Stitched using PTGui: