is the process of perspective warping of images, such that they
can be aligned perfectly. PTGui is a photo stitching application for Windows.
Assembling panoramas by simply overlaying them in a graphics
program will usually not give good results, because of the perspective transformations
that occur when a camera is rotated.
Further, every real life lens has a certain amount of distortion (barrel distortion or pincussion
which will worsen the stitching results even further.
Panorama Tools solves this by warping the images and correcting for lens distortion.
The images are positioned in 3D space, so that they match as best as possible.
Features of PTGui:
- Create spherical, cylindrical or flat panoramas from any number of source images
- Supports JPeg, Tiff, Png and Bmp source images
- Panorama editor for visual and interactive parameter editing
- Photo stitching
- Multi-threaded design: all image processing is performed in the background
- Create templates with frequently used settings
- Lens database for easy retrieval of lens parameters
PTGui is a G
nterface for Panorama Tools,
Helmut Dersch's versatile panorama stitching software.
PTGui makes it easy to stitch images into high quality panoramas.
Stitched using PTGui: