By stitching overlapping photos, a spherical panorama
can be created with PTGui.
This is a panorama where you can see the full environment of the camera.
To create spherical panoramas, shoot as many pictures as needed to cover the complete environment
around the camera. Use PTGui to stitch the images together to form a spherical panorama.
PTGui supports any camera and lens, including fisheye lenses. A free test version is available on this website.
See the Gallery on this website for some examples of spherical panoramas created with PTGui.
Features of PTGui:
- Create spherical, cylindrical or flat panoramas from any number of source images
- Supports jpeg, tiff, png and bmp source images
- WYSIWYG Panorama editor for interactive editing and realtime preview
- Spherical Panorama
- Supports many panoramic projections
- Create templates with frequently used settings
- Includes spherical panorama viewer and web publishing tool
PTGui originally started as a G
nterface for Panorama Tools (hence the name). Over the years it has evolved into the most versatile stitching software. It easily gives you high quality stitched panoramas from overlapping images or photographs.
Stitched using PTGui: